Tuesday, November 22, 2011

When you tell a friend about a problem, do you prefer that they just listen or do you actually want advice?

I'm answering this from both viewpoints if that's okay.





mostly, its just nice to have somebody to talk ';at'; as I'm organizing my thoughts; simple nods or nays are good though.





I losed a girlfriend once cause I was more interested in solving her problems for her than just listening to her.





besides, people need to solve their own problems; listening though provides both the moral support and allows them to voice their thoughts -- they sound differernt out loud. Occasional input is good cause it may have insight; but your input/oppinion shouldn't be the solution?When you tell a friend about a problem, do you prefer that they just listen or do you actually want advice?
if they talk more than you talk,they just want you to listen.





BUT





if they ask things like ';what do you think?'; then they want your opinionWhen you tell a friend about a problem, do you prefer that they just listen or do you actually want advice?
I want them to listen then give me feedback. its always good to hear someone else spin on something.
Both...I don't usually talk about my personal problems, but if I simply want feedback or a second opinion I will ask for just that. I only have a couple of really good friends I will share things with, and they seem to know exactly when to offer their opinion and when to just listen.
it depends. usually if you have a prob. and need to talk to a friend they will give advise to try and help. I would want help or some kind of advice that maybe i haven't thought of yet.
my wife hates when I gove her advice on a problem she has - after listening to it.


But thats just my wife, because she is sleeping in the same bed as I do. So everytime I give advice, it sounds like I am telling her she it stupid, and I am a smart guy telling her how the world runs.





So yes, it depends on the relationship between the persons.


If the grandfather gives and advice, its different, right ?


YOu think, how wise that old guy is, or you think, omg, that was like 100 ago, now the world change totally, we have mobil phones today.
listen and then tell me their thinking without


pressuring me on what i should do.
Well sometimes one and sometimes the other and then sometimes both. There are times when I just need someone to talk and vent to. There are times when I need advice. And then there are times when I want to talk about the situation and then hear feedback/advice. May God Bless U.
usually if i'm bothering to tell somebody my business i want advice. if not i usually just keep it to myself.
I don;t tell anyone my problems, because I liek to keep them to myself, and I am a private person. Those who ';know'; about my problems never say anything and I am comfortable with. As far as advice goes, I think that I would rather learn it the hard way than have someone tell me anything, no matter how painful the experience because it builds courage and stamina in a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment