Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Problem with probation officer need advice?

okay so I'm on probation for something that I was peer pressured into I got the blame and they didn't I'm not the type of person to get in trouble but I'm also not a goody two shoe. Anyway I'm having a problem with my job. My boss is very disrespectful he leaves me here all alone, i have to lift heavy stuff because he isn't here. he bounced my check (which i need to pay my PO) he just doesn't care about his workers at all he just cares about making money but there is no body in the store then he yells at us because we don't get any sales.





Anyway so I saw my PO and told her that I quit my job because I told her what was going on and she said once I find another job I could quit well I found another job making more money so I quit. She started yelling at me literally yelling at me calling me stupid, ignorant, and irresponsible. I have community service I have to do and I'm in the process of working my way up to something better at this new job and have a week till i start that well i figured until then i had a week that I could do my community service. I dint think it was right for her to yell at me the way she did and neither does my family. I'm on supervision till dec. what should I do?Problem with probation officer need advice?
You did the crime - unwittingly or not - . Follow your PO's advice. Your PO is your ONLY ticket out of jail time. One phone call from them and you don't have to worry about upward mobility for a few months. No excuses - just do as the PO tells you. It is a lot easier to live through a stern chew out from your PO than to sit out your time in a cage. Your PO is trying to help you - whether you know it or not - and is trying every trick in the book to help you get your act in order. You can let it pass - do your 3 or 4 months - and come out the other side relatively unscathed if you do. Six months from now, none of this will matter - IF you can follow her rules.





Remember, PO's have to deal with some real problem cases - are generally overworked - and hear lots of excuses. They can get pretty calloused sometimes. Try to make her life easier - she'll like that. There is less paperwork and less worrying for them to do. They are judged on how well their paroles stay out of jail and changes you make without their advice makes them anxious and cranky.Problem with probation officer need advice?
People vary in the manner in which they encourage probationers to lead the best possible life. Some yell. Some threaten. Some praise. Some do all. Get over it. You didn't mention why leaving one job for another was considered stupid, ignorant and irresponsible, but I am betting there were some downsides to that decision that you failed to mention.
If you truly believe that you are being treated wrongly, then you could always just go to your po's supervisor. Explain your story and if they agree that there is a problem you could potentially get a new PO.
you have the right to report her to her acting supervisor
If your on probation until December just suck it up. Your other option is do some time in the clink. I get off of parole in December, I'm with you!
You should just suck it up. You don't want to further anger your P.O. just hang tight until december and you will be free and clear.
She sounds like a real treat.
I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment